Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Heartfelt Thank You

Hello crafty friends,
      Happy New Year! I hope 2019 proves to be a wonderful year for everyone.
      It's been a very busy 9 months. I won't bore you with details but I have neglected my blog for to long, so here goes.
      Todays card is a Thank you card using Altenew's, Delicate Primrose stamp and die set. I love Primroses, they are almost always in bloom. Mine have even bloomed in mid-winter when the weather warms a bit. They are such bright and delicate little blooms and they always put a smile on my face.
This Clean and Simple card is the first I've made with this set and I love it. 
First I stamped the flowers on masking paper and then used the masks to layout my pattern. I took a picture with my phone to remember the placement, then I stamped all the leaves directly on to my Neenah  card stock. I used a separate piece of card stock to stamp the flowers using Altenew inks. Then I used my Delicate Primrose dies and cut them out. I adhered the red and orange flowers directly to the card front using my Xyron, then I adhered the blue flower with dimensional adhesive.
I added a little shading of Mango Smoothie ink with my makeup brushes. I backed the 41/4" x 53/8" paper with foam and adhered to an A-2 Blue #110 card base. 
I also finished the inside with a blue flower and a few leaves. I really love to incorporate something from the front of the card on the inside of the card. I think it give a nice finished look. I usually do the envelope too.
Supplies used:
Altenew-Delicate Primrose Stamps and Dies
Altenew Oval Inks
Recollections #110 card stock
Neenah #110 Solar white card stock
Inkadinkado masking paper
Xyron Create a Sticker 250
Score Tape
3-M dimensional tape
Fun Foam
I will be entering this card into these challenges:

 
Thank you for stopping by, 
God Bless,
Karen










   

2 comments:

  1. So happy to see you back into the blog! And with such an awesome card! Love it. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynda, I'll try to make you proud.

    ReplyDelete