Friday, February 22, 2019

From the Heart

Hello again crafty friends,
     My card today was created using a sketch from Sunday Stampers. I don't usually make cards from sketches but I wanted to try something different and I really liked this one.
     I started with Pink #110 Recollection paper for my card base. I really like this paper for card bases, it comes in lots of different colors, it's not to expensive and I can get it at Michael's, with a coupon, one hundred sheets with four different shades, or solid color packs.
     Using Altenew Red Apple CS and Spellbinders Lace Hearts dies I cut a large heart. Then I used the Lacy insert and cut it from the Pink Recollections CS. This does not cut the outside of the heart out, but it leaves a indented line around the outside so I just fussy cut it on that line and glued it to the front of the red heart. Then Using one of my newest Altenew Layering sets(Always There) and some Neenah white paper I stamped several small flowers and leaves and cut them out with the matching dies. I trimmed the white edge from the leaves and flowers for my heart and adhered them to the bottom left of the heart. I left the edge for the inside. I did this because I didn't want the white edge showing on the heart, but for the inside the background is white so they blend in.
     Next I cut a piece of Neenah white down to 31/2" x 5" and adhered it to the front of my card base.
I cut a piece of the Pink to 1" x 5" and wrapped it with red and white twine form American Crafts, tying a bow. I adhered this to my white panel 1/4" from the bottom.  I added a little dimension by adding a heart shaped piece of fun foam to the back of the heart and I adhered it to the right side of the white panel above the twine. Then I added my sentiment from Altenews, Dearest Friend stamp set. For the inside I cut a piece of Neenah white to 4" x 51/4" and added the flowers and leaves to the bottom right corner, and stamped 3 small hearts (Altenew: Love Letters stamp set) above the flowers.
Products Used:
Recollections #110 CS Pink
Altenew: Always There, Dearest Friend, Love Letters Stamps and Dies
Altenew: Inks-Permanent Black, Red Cosmos, Tropical Forest and Pocket Full of Sunshine sets.
Altenew: Red Apple CS #ALT1664
Spellbinders Lace Hearts #SS-204
American Crafts Twine
Neenah solar white CS
I will be entering this card in these challenges:
Sunday Stampers Challenge #198 From the Heart
Crafty Creations Challenge #384 Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown #425 Falling Hearts

Thanks for stopping by.
God Bless,
Karen

7 comments:

  1. Oh, those die cut hearts are stunning! Love your clean design. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty is this card! I love the heart doilies and your pretty flower added. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown falling hearts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty lacy hearts! Wonderful colors - and love your inside details! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I LOVE those hearts! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete