Thursday, August 4, 2016

One Layer Cards

I started the day working by myself in my craft room working on my newest card when my friend Lynda (Paper Arts Café) called and we decided to get together and play.
I decided to work on my cards for PB "One Layer Cards" challenge. My first card I used my new slapstick/cling Hydrangea #40-469 I also used clear sets #30-230 Sunny Hello and #30-105 Gratitude. I used Ranger archival ink and distress ink and a metal bow from my stash.


  

For the second card I used my slapstick/cling stamp #40-425 beary merry, and a Christmas bulb stamp from my stash. Ranger archival ink, distress ink, Dylusions inks in water pens, and my glitter pen, also double layered the bow on the bear to give it some dimension.
 


I am entering both cards in:

 


15 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card from you, Karen! I love how you've used the metal bow to add texture. Thanks so much for sharing at Less is More :) Can you make sure you link to the actual blog post, rather than the home page of the blog, when you enter cards so the link remains true as time goes by - thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ester, I thought that I did it right this time but I will try again.

      Delete
  2. Great one layer cards, and the bow is a great addition to add something tactile. To do as Esther mentioned above, you need to click on the title of your post before grabbing the link to copy to our challenge post, that way we can get straight to your relevant card.
    Thanks for sharing another entry with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita, I will try again to get the link up correctly.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous cards and great take on our tactile challenge Karen. That metal bow works perfectly and such vibrant blooms too. Thanks for sharing and playing along at Less is More this week.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! They're even more beautiful in person! Glad I got to see them and share time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lynda, I had a grwat time too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards.
    Thanks for joining this months Penny Black Saturday Challenge
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful hydrangea card! So glad you joined us at PBSC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great set of cards! Thanks for joining ourPenny Black Saturday July challenge! Hope to see you for the August one too! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, I will definitely be joining in.

      Delete