Monday, August 15, 2016

Searching my stash

I spent the last week trying to better organize my stamps so I could find them by company. Unfortunately, last year, I took all my wood block stamps of the blocks. In doing so I have several, not several  a lot,  that I don't know which company they belong to. I also removed many stamp sets from they're original packaging when I opened them, so again I don't know what company they are from. So when looking for stamps to create a card for the IO challenge "Squared" I had only one choice, Christmas. I really love the traditional colors of Christmas, Red, Green, Gold and Silver, so I went to work. This is the result:




Products used:
IO stamp #F2268 Winter Wonderland (tree)
IO stamp #B5462 Christmas Joy
VersaMark
Ranger embossing powder Queens Gold
Queen and Comp. Sunflower Yellow Pearls
K&Comp. Christmas Cheer Gold Words paper
Paper wishes  Red Holly paper
Darcie 110lb. white card stock
Spellbinders curved rectangles #S5-006

I stamped and embossed the tree and on my white card stock and the cut it out with my spellbinders die. I wanted to mat it in gold so I traced the die on another piece of white card stock and fussy cut it out. I ran the edges over my VersaMark pad and then using the Queens Gold, embossed the edge. I matted my 51/2 x 51/2 card  with a 5/14 x51/4 piece of Christmas Cheer paper, then I matted the Embossed Christmas tree onto the embossed piece of white card stock. I cut a piece of  the red holly paper 1/4' bigger than the matted Christmas tree. Using dimensional tape I popped up the tree on the red paper and then adhered to the left side of the card. I stamped and embossed the Christmas Joy  sentiment on a piece of scrap paper and matted it in red and green cutting it to make a banner. I added the Pearls and banner. Simple but Elegant. 

I will be entering this card in: IO challenge "Squared" 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment