Thursday, July 27, 2017

Logan

Hi,
     WOW, long time no blog, LOL.
      It's been a busy summer so far and I just haven't found my way to my computer. I've been trying to make my way back to scrapbooking as I love it and haven't done it for about 5 years, I guess I just got lost in card making.
      My Grandkids were here just the other day and wanted to look at their albums, but were a little disappointed that there were no new pages. I realized that I had fallen down on my job as family historian and that I should remedy that. I started with my youngest Grandson Logan because at least the others have a scrapbook. He's 2 now and I haven't even started his. So I went to work using a picture of him when he was 17months and the result is below.
     This Picture is of Logan walking through a field of wildflowers with that awesome smile on his face it's so adorable and sweet I had to make a page for it.
     I started with Canson 140lb watercolor paper cut to 12 x12. I soaked the page in the center and dropped several drops of, ranger distress ink re-inkers onto the wet area and moving the paper let it over lap and spread. Then I dabbed up the excess and splashed some water on it with my fingers to lift some of the ink. I dabbed these areas with paper towel and then took the re-inkers and used it to splatter the page. I set it a side to let it dry.
     I then pulled out my Altenew stamp sets, Best Buds and Budding Thanks, and went to work on the flowers. Once they were all stamped I fussy cut them out.
      Now my background was dry so I could get to work on it. I used my large Prima stencil and some Dream Weavers matte black embossing paste for the word adorable. I also used Prima stencil to create the circles on the background.
      When the background was dry I popped Logan's picture up using foam and then arranged the flowers using dimensional tape. I added the stems for the flowers in front and water colored the shadows for the back flowers.
      I used my Sizzix fun serif dies for Logan's name and added the finishing touches with Altenew
sets, Painted Butterflies, Adore You, Floral Shadow and a Quote from Recollections. I also did a little journaling and added a few more flowers to balance to page.
      It's nice to know that after 5 years away I can still scrapbook.  

I will be entering this page in the:Altenew-sketch-challenge #3

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a very crafty day!
God Bless,
Karen


 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment