Thursday, January 25, 2018

New Years Hello

Hello,
     I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and are looking forward to a healthy, happy and very Crafty New Year. My Christmas was fill with all the people I Love and my New Year started by welcoming a new little Niece to the family, Brynn Harper Linton, what a sweet girl. My Sister is over the Moon to have another grandchild to love, as are we all. My husband and I also found out over the holidays that we will be welcoming a new grandson in July, we're so excited, #6 is on the way.
     I didn't get into my craft room much in the last few months, but my New Years resolution is to work on my blog more and enter more challenges, so here I am. I've made several cards with stamps I received for Christmas and from my stash of previously stamped and colored flowers.
      Whenever I get a new stamp, I stamp them out several times and color them for future use. That way when I need a card fast, I can go to my stash and get it done fairly quickly.
     My Stash of Altenew flowers:
When making this card I decided to use several flowers from different sets and my Altenew Wood Pallet background.
     The flowers and leaves are from 3 sets, Peony Bouquet, Garden Treasure and Beautiful Day all from Altenew. I used distress inks, Recollections 110 lb. grey card stock, and Neenah solar white 110 lb. card stock. I adhered all the leaves and the Peony to the card then added a piece of 110lb. card behind the pink Garden Treasures flower and dimensional tape behind the Beautiful Day flower. This gave it many dimensions and I loved the effect.
     I will be entering this card in these challenges:Altenew-January 2018 Inspiration Challenge
                                                                         Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge-Layer it Up

Have a crafty day!
Karen


 


     

1 comment:

  1. WOW fabulous floral card, love those blooms
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete