Friday, February 17, 2017

Love you bunches

Hello again,
     Recently I celebrated my birthday and one of the things I got from my good friend, Lynda Plecken
(http://paperartscafe.blogspot.com/) was a pad of  Bienfang 170# Canvas paper. Well, I was itching to try it out so I grabbed my stamps and inks and got started.
     First I took a piece of computer paper and stamped out the outline for what I was planning. Then using my MISTI, I stamped and masked until my card looked like my outline.
    
     I just love Altenew stamps, they are so versatile. I stamped the outline of the flower with Archival ink with my Misti, then used my Ranger distress ink to stamp and watercolor the flowers and leaves. I used Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick for the pink flowers and Barn Door and Fired Brick for the red, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss for the leaves. Then I used Stormy Sky to shadow.  Because of the texture of the paper stamping without water coloring left lines and dots in my flowers but after adding water they still had texture but the lines and dots were gone. I love the way it looks and I love this paper.
     I stamped the sentiment (Hampton Arts#jb0198) and added a few sequins. I'm very happy with this card and I will definitely be using this paper again.
     Products used:
Altenew Peony Bouquet
Bienfang 170# canvas paper 
Misti ( My Favorite Tool)
Hampton Arts #jb0198 sentiment
Inkadinkado masking paper
Ranger Archival and Distress inks
     I will be entering this card in:
Thanks for stopping by.
God Bless,
Karen








13 comments:

  1. Amazing use of canvas paper! the stamp is fabulous and your coloring too! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your background and the way you colored your flowers!! The addition of these three sequins is awesome!

    I do not own a misti but from what I read browsing around it is a favorite of many! I shoudl give it a try!!

    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
    x Zoey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoey! I love my Misti, don't know how I ever got along without it.

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty card! Love the colours you chose for your peonies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Karen, love the look of the Canvas paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Such pretty flowers!! Fabulous stamping!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job, my friend. I knew you would love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I do love the paper, thanks tons.

      Delete