Sunday, March 18, 2018

Coneflowers and colored pencils

     I'm kind of a novice when it comes to colored pencils so, I asked my friend Lynda for a quick lesson. She was more than happy to oblige and I am so thankful to her, I learned so much. 
     My card today is the result of that lesson and I totally Love it! I hope you do too.
Supplies used:
Stampendous Cling Coneflower #CRS5104
Prismacolor colored pencils
Sizzix Thinlets dies #660220 (corner)
Altenew Blooming Bouquet (little dots)
Pretty Pink Posh clear dew drops
Sharpie fine black pen
Neenah bright white cardstock
Recollections burnt orange cardstock
Fiskars clear stamps #03-008261( Thinking of you)
Clarity brushes
Distress ink ( Squeezed Bundled Sage) 
     After receiving some great tips and tricks on coloring and blending I created these blossoms and just had to use them on a card. I also created several more for my stash. 
     I laid out my flowers and leaves on my paper and then used a piece of Glade Press-n-Seal to hold it together and added my adhesives to it. This made it so easy to get it back just how I wanted it, giving the flowers lots of dimension. I used the Clarity brushes to go around the edges with just a hint of yellow and stamped the dots in the two greens then added the dew drops. I adhered it flat to my Burnt Orange card and it was done. 
     This is the first card I've made with my colored pencils, but defiantly not my last.
I will be entering this card in:
Power Poppy-Inspired by Fabric

            
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful , crafty day!
God Bless,
Karen





















11 comments:

  1. Stunning, Karen! This one really stands out in the crowd. I love the colors, the coloring, and your amazing eye for composition! Color on, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you must pick things up quickly because it looks to me like you've been colouring with pencils for years!! Your flowers look incredible, you've shaded them perfectly and love the hint of orange thru the die-cut in the background too. So glad you shared this with us at The Flower Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shona, I like to think I pick things up quickly, but having a great teacher helps.

      Delete
  3. A gorgeous card, Karen. I love those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, did you see your card was our winner over at The Flower Challenge. Don't forget to get in touch so we can give you the connecting email to collect your prize. Totally brilliant hey, what a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is just amazing for your first time with colored pencils, such a lovely job of shading!

    ReplyDelete