Saturday, September 24, 2016

Autumn Colors

     I love the beautiful colors of fall, the gold, yellow, red, orange, browns and greens they make me feel warm inside.  Cooler days and crisp nights, cuddling with the one you love. Fire pits burning bright in the evenings, s'mores, a glass of wine, and good company. Taking a drive in the country to just look at the beauty of God's wonderful creation in full color, breathtaking! Halloween, all the kids dressed up in their costumes. Trick or Treat! We loved those days setting up all the decorations and carving pumpkins, fun times. Then there's Thanksgiving, friends and family getting together to enjoy a wonderful meal and being thankful for all the good in our lives, and Football, of course. Those are the things I look forward to when fall comes around.
     
     When making this card I was tried to capture some of the beauty of Autumn.


Products used:

Just Rite Shabby Chic "Autumn leaves" #CR-03870
Impression Obsession #E13185
Ranger Archival ink Black
Ranger distress inks
Canson watercolor paper
Canson card stock
Misti

     Using the Misti and distress ink, Carved Pumpkin, I spritzed with water and stamped the Chinese Lanterns. This is an outline stamp so next I took water and a brush and colored in the image, pulling the color from the stamped areas. I then stamped the image again after inking the stamp with a darker color, Rusty Hinge, no water this time. I pulled some of the darker color out for shading and then stamped it again for definition. I used a mask to cover the first stamping and added the lower branch using the same technique. The sentiment is from the Just Rite set. Then I used Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge, Carved Pumpkin and Fired Brick distress inks to blend the background.

     For the second panel I used the same colors to blend the background and the using Archival black ink I stamped the Leaves.

I will be entering this card in these challenges:



               

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderfully crafty day!

Karen  



 




  

8 comments:

  1. You really have captured the colours of Autumn. The whole card gives a really lovely warmth. Thanks for joining TO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous card. Love the beautiful colors. So happy to see you in the Make My Monday Challenge gallery. All the very best. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and love how you used them. So glad you joined us for this challenge at Make My Monday!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those gorgeous autumn colours positively glow, Karen ... each panel is so warm and rich looking! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete