Monday, September 12, 2016

Fur-ever Friends

     My husband and I have always loved having pets around the house. I don't remember a time in our 39 years of marriage when we haven't had a dog, cat, guinea pig, hamsters or fish. until the last few years. After so many different types of pets we found Zeke, a loveable mix of 4 different breeds, and adopted him. He was 8wks old at the time but we knew just by looking in his eyes he was special. He was such a smart, sweet and loving boy. Even as a Pup he would let us know if he needed something, like water, if his bowl was empty he would pick it up in his teeth and bring it to us. If he needed to go out he would hit at our feet and tilt his head and stare, then when we got up he would bounce all the way to the door. He was a special part of our live that we miss every day. He lived to be just over 17 years old and gave us so much joy.

     I'm sure we will get another dog someday but for now, memories of Zeke still fill our hearts,  I'm sure they will forever. For now we have a wonderful Grandpup named Bella, who loves us as much as we love her.

     My card today follows the theme Fur-ever Friends from Little Red Wagon, with a dog and kitten sharing a warm moment.






Products Used:   

Stampers Anonymous Crazy Dogs #CMS271
Stampers Anonymous Crazy Cats #CMS251
Hero Arts Kitten Stamp
Hero Arts Oval Frame
Ranger Distress Ink
Diamond background stamp
Penny Black #30-358 Happy Snippets 
Inkadinkado Masking paper
Canson watercolor paper 130lb.
Misti




     First I stamped and cut out all my masks and then began stamping the rest. I stamped the dog first in a very light Antique Linen distress ink, using the Misti. then I placed the kitten mask that I trimmed so that part of the dogs leg would show on the image and stamped with archival ink.
     To stamp the rug I placed left the kitten mask in place and masked the dog then I stamped all the other elements and masked them.
     For the floor I stamped over all the masks with my Diamond background stamp making sure to line up the diamonds with each stamp.  I removed all the masks and used my distress black marker to fill in where any of the diamonds were not stamped well near the masking.
     I water colored the dog and kitten and all the different elements and added the sentiment, which was stamped on watercolor paper and outlined with Festive Berries then I dragged a wet brush over it to smear the ink on the edges, attached with dimensional tape.
     It was a very time consuming card but I love the results. 
 

I will be entering this card in:


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a Wonderfully Crafty Day!!

Karen

    
    



   

2 comments:

  1. Karen, your card is so wonderful and I just loved reading about your precious Zeke! I'm so happy that you've had so many fabulous pets through the years and that your Zeke filled a special spot in your hearts.

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is brilliant, the crazy dog looks like he sitting the floor. Did I say brilliant already but its so brilliant.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete