Monday, September 12, 2016

Falling for You

     What a beautiful day it was yesterday! Fall is definitely in the air. It was Grandparents day and Chris and Lindsey invited us for dinner and Ice cream. It was so nice to spend time with them and the kids. the only low point of the day was the Miami Dolphins losing in the last minute of the game, Dale, Chris, Luke and Michael (from Hawaii) were very bummed.
     
       My card today is all about fall.  Recently I got some happy mail which included a background stamp from IO with large maple leaves. That's where my card began.  I came up with the idea for the background while trying to fall asleep last night. The rest fell into place when I decided to use the Sketch from Freshly Made Sketches. Some embossing powder, distress inks, spellbinders dies and some ribbon made it all come together.



Products Used:

Canson watercolor paper 130lb.
IO #CC067 C-A-C Maple Leaves
Inkadinkado Sentiment  #98555 Harvest Expressions
Versa Mark
Ranger Queens Gold embossing powder
Ranger distress inks ( Rusty Hinge, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Vintage Photo)
Spellbinders # S4-116 Standard Circles small
Spellbinders Nestabilities #S4-490 Triple Tear
Orange ribbon








     Using Versa Mark on my large IO background stamp I stamped (1) 41/4 x 51/2 and (1) 31/2 x 41/2 pieces of Canson watercolor paper and then embossed them with Queens Gold powder.  Then using my ranger blending tools I add Peeled Paint, Broken China and Vintage Photo to my background. I then used Rusty Hinge to cover and blend all. then I used a paper towel to remove ink from the embossing to make it pop.




     I used dimensional tape I popped up the smaller panel to give some dimension to the card; then wrapped the ribbon around both panels and tied it in a knot, and trimmed the ends.




     To finish the card I repeated the embossing with the sentiment and the distress ink on a piece of scrap watercolor paper. Then cut it out using my spellbinders die. It needed just a hint of a background mat so I used a scrap of burnt orange paper and my circle dies to make one. I added just a little Rusty Hinge to the edges and adhered it to the card. Done.

I will be entering this card in these challenges:






Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderfully Crafty Day!!

Karen

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful fall card! I love those rich colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect fall card! The embossing looks amazing! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete