Saturday, September 24, 2016

Upcycling Fall

     Well September has been very busy, busy, busy. Birthdays for 2 of our grandchildren and our niece's wedding, Dr. appointments, Grandparents Day, kids football games, and a whole host of other little errands.  I thought our retirement would be, kick off your shoes, sit back and relax. It's been anything but. I don't know how we found the time to work, with all the other things going on in our lives. I guess I would have time for work if I wasn't in my craft room, and on my blog for 6 hours a day, but what fun would that be. LOL
    
     I have been very busy working on, new to me, techniques. My friend Lynda and I have gotten together quite a few times and tried out some new things on our Misti. It's so wonderful having a friend that loves to create as much as I do, and lives 5 minutes away.

     My card today is an "Up cycled" card. I used a Thanksgiving napkin from last year to create a falling leaves card. 

      
 

Products used:

Ranger distress ink
Napkin
Stamp-n-up "Sentiment"

     This card came together in about 20 minutes. First I removed the extra layers from the napkin and glued it to some white card stock to make it easier to cut out and give it more stability. Then I used a Gathered Twiggs distress marker and went around the edges to cover the white and make them pop. I added dimension, by popping up two of the leaves. Peeled Paint, Fired Brick and Carved Pumpkin distress ink on the stamped sentiment and then added just a touch of Wild Honey distress ink to the edges. Done! 

I will be entering this card in:
                                               AAA Cards#73 "Up cycling"
                                               Colour Q Challenge #360 "Photo Inspiration"
                                               Addicted to Stamps "Trees/Branches/Leaves"
                                               Make My Monday Challenge "Autumn Colors"



 

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderfully crafty day!

Karen

 






3 comments:

  1. What pretty leaves and a wonderful sentiment! This is a charming card. Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring on your leaves! Love the sentiment too! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete