Monday, September 12, 2016

Sunnier Days

     It's been so beautiful the last couple of days, sunny and the temperature in the 70's perfect. I won't complain about the summer and the heat because it's better than snow, but these last few days have been a wonderful reprieve from the high 90's.

     My card today is inspired by the beautiful sunny days of summer, and the Inspiration Photo on Addicted to Stamps and More. 






 Products Used:

JustRite Stamps #CL-02138 Sweet Posies
JustRite Sentiment #CR-04835 Black Eyed Susan Vintage Labels Five
Ranger Archival Ink
Ranger Distress Ink (Salty Ocean, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey, Carved Pumpkin)
Ranger Distress Markers
Canson Watercolor paper
Misti

     I love the JustRite stamps, they are a custom product of Spellbinders and have dies that coordinate, they have so many beautiful backgrounds, sentiments, flowers and so much more. Check them out when you get a chance.http://justrite-papercraft.myshopify.com/collections/all-stamps.
     I stamped the bouquet on the left side of the watercolor paper, using my Misti. Then I used my Ranger markers and using the fine tip I colored in the small areas of the leaves, center of the flowers and buds. For the larger flowers I stamped ink onto an acrylic block and water colored them. My stamp was still on the Misti so I stamped it again to define the edges and make it pop.  
     The Butterfly was so pretty I had to add it to the card, so I stamped it on the card and then on a scrap piece of watercolor paper. I water colored the one on the scrap piece of paper and then fussy cut it out and adhered over the one on the card.
     When I stamped the sentiment I didn't realize I had ink on my fingers, Ugh! My solution was to stamp some of the flowers again and watercolor them. I fussy cut them out and placed them over the ink smudges and not only solved the problem but it added a nice touch to the card.
     I used some of the same color ink as the flowers around the edges of the card to soften them.

I will be entering this card in:


 
  
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a Wonderfully Crafty Day!!

Karen
    


 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Wonderful flowers and colours. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Stamp it Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely card, Love that image and your coloring! Beautiful in blue!
    Thanks for joining us over at our ‘Flower Power’ challenge!
    Irena dt, LTSCB

    ReplyDelete