Tuesday, September 6, 2016

CAS and Watercolor

It's been a very busy week, Bridal shower, visiting my sister-in law who's been ill, Not feeling quite up to par myself for a few days, crafting with my buddy Lynda, shopping for my Granddaughters 7th birthday, they grow up way to fast, a big Labor Day party Sunday and now I have to shop for a dress to wear to my Nieces wedding this weekend. What a crazy week!
Ok, now that I got that off my chest, I did have some time yesterday to relax and let my MOJO free.
I just got another shipment of fun in the mail and finally got some time to use some of it.




I played all afternoon yesterday and as a result I made four cards and started quite a few others.
My card for today is a Watercolor Stamped card.





Products used:

PB #40-452 Bejeweled
PB #30-353 Words of Kindness
Ranger distress mini ink pads
Ranger Archival ink
Ranger distress blending tool
Canson 130lb watercolor paper
Misti



These was an easy one. I placed my stamp in the Misti on my watercolor paper, where I wanted the flower, then closed the cover to adhere the stamp to the top. then using my distress markers, (Salty ocean, Tumbled Glass, Ground Espresso, Peeled paint and Forest Moss) I colored the flower and used the darker colors to shadow. Then I misted the whole stamp with water and closed the Misti, and pressed down. I love this technique and I use it quite a bit, using different amounts of water to get different effects.  I removed the stamped paper from the Misti and use my distress blending tool to add some Wild Honey distress ink to the right of the flowers. Then I selected my sentiment and stamped it using Archival ink. 



I will be entering this card in:          Love To Scrap "Flower Power"
                                                          Penny Black and More "Add A Sentiment"
                                                          Simon Says Wed. Challenge "Anything Goes"


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderfully Crafty Day!!

Karen







 





9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love the flower stamp you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Karen! It's so elegant and I love how you have partially inked the background, it looks lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely creation with one of my favourite PB stamps, many thanks for joining our August challenge at Penny Black and More.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda, I just got it and couldn't wait to use it.

      Delete
  4. such a pretty card with the watercolour stamped floral! thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stamp and so beautiful colours, very stylish card!
    Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more Challenge, good luck for the draw;-))m

    ReplyDelete